What is Taekwondo?
Taekwondo means “The Art or Way of the Hand and Foot”
Taekwondo is a Korean Martial Art. It is a form of mental as well as physical training. Taekwondo incorporates many facets such as self defense, flexibility, discipline, fitness and confidence building. It aims to condition the entire body by developing physical and mental strength and agility. It is the world’s most popular martial art in terms of number of practitioners.
Bruce Taekwondo Academy’s goals are to provide professional martial arts instruction to our community. We pride ourselves for having a safe environment where students are part of our family oriented organization while learning. Bruce Taekwondo Academy is the most competitive and affordable Martial Arts program for individuals and families in Iowa. Since being founded in 2005, our goal is to not only teach students Martial Arts skills, but to also help them develop life skills such as Self-Confidence and Leadership that will benefit them through their entire life. Our program is for those age 5 to adult.
Grand Master David Bruce, with over 40 years experience, has different levels of black belt in the following: KumDo & Iaido, Hapkido, Modern Arnis along with training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Bruce Taekwondo Academy offers:
• The Highest Level of Intensity in Training
• Opportunity to Train in Multiple Martial Arts Styles within Taekwondo
• The Widest Range of Training for Competition or for Personal Growth and Fitness
• The Highest Level of Professional and Internationally Certified Instructors
• No Student is Overlooked – ALL Students are Treated Fairly Regardless of Age or Belt Level.
• We Operate Based on Living Out the Tenets of Taekwondo with the Highest of Integrity.
Taekwondo offers several benefits including:
• Improved physical fitness, stamina, and shape
• Improved balance, flexibility and coordination
• Practice realistic “street-smart” self-defense
• Improved self confidence and mental control
• Learn discipline and respect for others
Bruce Taekwondo Academy’s program goals:
• Recognize that each student is an individual and provide individual attention to each student.
• Set standards and benchmarks that are hard, but not impossible, to reach
• Maintain proper student behavior in class, explaining and encouraging self discipline.
• Insist that students never use the skills they learn outside of class, unless used for Self-Defense ONLY
• Make sure all our students practice in a safe environment at our school
• Recognize and reward students for true achievement.
• Always communicate with parents as much as possible.
Children greatly benefit from participating in our Taekwondo program by learning how to direct their physical and mental energy in a positive way. Bruce Taekwondo Academy instills strict discipline and respect as the basis for training and personal success. We view Taekwondo as a way to improve one’ s body, mind and character, and not just a form of physical competition.
Anyone can learn regardless of age, physical or mental disposition!